Cottage Cheese & Sweet Corn Rice Recipe
On a super lazy day I make some variety of mixing, topping and serving of rice. And after the flavoured masala rice; a bowl of the healthy strawberry yogurt or any other flavoured yogurt will help me in winding my day in kitchen soon. I did homemade yogurt recipe here.
Read strawberry yogurt recipe here.
This reminds me that off late, yogurt here always have a watery layer on top. Making yogurt is my every day job. I was searching a way of making your own yogurt, but I want it thick. And I landed on this article here. She says about something called Greek Yogurt. I thought Indian Yogurt, American Yogurt, British Yogurt, Greek Yogurt. But it is not as simple as that. There is huge story about it. And she speaks (author there at TOI) of greek yogurt recipe in one single line, straining several times to get the thickness and thus it taste more or less like homemade Indian yogurt. I need to gather more about greek yogurt now.
Damn, i lost the track which happens most if the time. The title says Cottage Cheese – Sweet Corn Rice, and what am I doing here? Speaking about Greek Yogurt.
Shifting right back to the topic.
- Cottage Cheese Cubes
- Sweet corn about one cup
- One chopped onion
- One spoon coriander/dhaniya powder
- Half spoon cumin/jeera powder
- Pinch of turmeric.
- One spoon ginger garlic paste.
- Sesame seeds and jeera for seasoning.
- Salt as per your taste.
- Boiled Basmati rice.
- 2 spoon of Oil/ghee/butter
Cottage Cheese – Sweet Corn Rice Recipe:
- Heat oil/ghee/butter in a pan.
- Add cottage cheese which are cut into the form of cubes. Once the paneer cubes turn golden brown, add them into a bowl of sizzling hot water. Close the lid of the bowl and keep aside. Let the paneer be immersed in hot water until needed later on.
- To the same pan add little more ghee/butter and heat, once hot, add sesame seeds and jeera. Wait until they begin to dance.
- Then add turmeric and onions. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Once onions change in color, add sweet corn and continue stirring. The aroma you get when sweet corn heats up is very unique.
- Now add coriander powder and jeera powder. Add salt too.
- Now, drain the water in which paneer has been immersed. Add only the paneer to the pan and mix well.
- Add rice and mix again. The rice has to be coated well with all the masala flavours.
Serve hot. That makes the day very simple. :)
If this space has been making you Happy so far, please like Happiest Ladies on Face Book. Thanks for making me Happy