Red Capsicum and American Corn Rice Recipe
If you have interest then it is easy to learn to cook. As a teenager I always wanted to join a cooking class. But my small town where I lived did not have any cooking school.
I am always in search of healthy rice recipes. And here I just invented one of my own recipe for rice. :)
The main taste involves Red Capsicum and Yellow American Corn. Red and Yellow is a colourful combination.
1 cup American corn.
1 cup chopped Red Capsicum
2 cups white rice (boiled)
Half cup grated carrot.
1 medium sized onion chopped.
Everyday cooking oil 1 spoon.
Mustard seeds ½ spoon,
Cumin seeds ½ spoon.
Coriander powder 1 spoon.
Fennel Powder 1 spoon.
Red chilli powder ½ spoon.
Turmeric ¼ spoon.
Salt for taste.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan.
- Add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add cumin seeds and bay leaves. Saute for half a minute.
- Add onion and sauté until they change in color.
- Then add turmeric, coriander powder and ginger. Saute for one minute.
- Now add American corn. Follow with chopped red capsicum and fry for about 5 minutes.
- In between add the grated carrot. Continue sauting until carrot is cooked.
- Now add fennel powder, red chilli powder, salt and mix well.
- Now add rice and mix well. Once mixed, while it is still very hot add half a spoon of fresh butter. Also add one spoon of sugar and mix well.
Fennel powder and sugar gives a very different taste to the whole preparation. Fennel powder is my new found interest.
In simple words, learn your own cooking lessons. You do not need to attend any cooking school to learn the basics of cooking. Most television channels hosts cooking shows these days. They give a lot of idea where once can learn to cook easily. Also there are so many youtube videos which conduct excellent online cooking classes.
Finally it is the interest that makes you an excellent cook. I am still in the process of learning.
Did you like the idea of fennel powder in the rice?
If this space has been making you Happy so far, please like Happiest Ladies on Face Book. Thanks for making me Happy. :-)