Baby Feeding Corn Porridge Recipe
Before proceeding, have you entered the Benefit Lipstick Giveaway. Enter here
Feeding baby solid food is such a big task for a mother. Leave behind solids, semi solids are also a great challenge. Baby food diet plan or baby food feeding schedule are the usual things I keep discussing with other moms when I get to meet.
For my baby, I began with pureed baby food recipes of fruits and vegetables. These pureed recipes are the easiest way of feeding baby solids.
I am writing here a homemade food made of corn that is fit for baby feeding. I considered this as 8 month old baby food. I introduced corn when my baby was a little older than 8 months.
Feeding baby solid foods or semi solid foods will be fun only when babies gulp a mouthful of their food and begin shaking hands and legs for the next mouthful. J. Every gulping is worth watching.
Now, on to the corn porridge recipe. I hope this will help you to include into your baby food diet plan.
- Wash the dry corn seeds. Spread it on a cotton cloth and leave it overnight.
- By next morning it would have dried enough, though not completely free of moist.
- Heat a thick bottom wide pan. In this pan, dry fry the corn seeds over low to moderate flame.
- There will aroma of the fried corn seeds spreading around. The seeds will also blow out into beautiful flowers. It seems like you are preparing pop corn. J
- After frying for about 10 minutes, transfer the corn seeds into an open tray and allow it to cool.
- When the corn is still slightly warm, ground it in a blender. Make fine powder of the dry fried corn.
- Store it in an airtight container.
Baby Feeding Corn Porridge Recipe:
- Take about 2 spoons of dry fried corn powder in a bowl. Add as little as possible clean drinking water. Mix the powder to make it into a thick paste.
- In a different vessel, heat about one glass of milk. When milk heats up, add the thick corn paste you just made by mixing water.
- Continue boiling for 10 to 15 minutes. Add water or milk to adjust the consistency.
- Add a sweetening agent of your choice. It could be sugar, jaggery, dates syrup, honey or any fruit pulp.
I will share the puree baby food recipes soon that I have been giving to my baby.
Meanwhile, if at all you have any healthy snacks for kids you have been giving, please share it.
If this space has been making you Happy so far, please like Happiest Ladies on Face Book. Thanks for making me Happy
Before leaving, have you entered the Benefit Lipstick Giveaway. Enter here.