Header Ads

Mango Rasayana for Delicious Breakfast


Anyone here who hates Mangoes?? I know it’s none. Or do you know anyone who hates Mangoes?? None again I feel.  Suppose you find mango haters one in thousand , he or she must be tasteless creatures of this earth.

I and my hubby, we simply need a reason to buy Mangoes :-). My hubby eats dozens of mangoes in a day. Later I have to quarrel with him to leave atleast a single mango for me. Most funny part is,  whenever my 7 month old son sees me peeling mangoes, he gets too excited and starts jumping .....Hahah.:-D.

Mango+fruit-boxes.png


Mango Pudding for Breakfast :

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup jaggery
  • 1 cup grated coconut to extract coconut milk.
  • 3-4 mangoes
  • Cardamom powder
  • one-quarter spoon salt.

pudding.jpg


How to prepare Mango Pudding | Kukku Rasayana Recipe:
  • Peel Mangoes and de- stone them. 
  • Now add the flesh of mangoes into a vessel and crush them using hands to make a semi smooth paste. Keep the vessel aside . 

Mango-pulp+organic-fruit-boxes.png

  • Now grind coconut in a mixer jar by adding water. Pour the contents from the mixer on to a strainer and extract coconut milk. 
  • Now mix coconut milk and mango pulp together and add jaggery . Stir them well. 
  • Add a pinch of cardamom powder for flavour. 
  • Add a very tiny amount of salt to remove the suppleness.

Mango-pudding+organic-dried-fruit.png

  • Serve with hot chapatti or phulka roti or puri or dosa or kadubu(idli).

This can even be served alone. This pudding is called as ‘rasayana’ in south Karnataka. It has very high calorific value and cools your stomach.

No comments

Privacy Policy. Powered by Blogger.