Header Ads

Muddu Krishna - babies dressed as Lord Krishna

I suddenly became so busy. That is because of Krishna Janmashtami celebrations tonight. I was stuck with the preparation of worshiping Lord Krishna that will be held tonight.

For me ashtami always meant eating chakkuli and unde. :D. Little did I know that it would take so much of effort to prepare all these. More about worship, chakkuli, unde and other stuffs in upcoming posts.


Happy Krishnashtami


For now, I attended a Muddu Krishna Competition held at a nearby temple here for babies under 2 years. It was such a beautiful sight of all babies dressed in Baby Lord Krishna’s attire. There were so many variety of Krishnas.

Kolalu Krishna, (Kolalu = Flute)
Kadagol Krishna (Kadagol = the traditional churner. See here)
Benne Krishna, (Benne = Butter)
Doggal Krishna. (Doggal = crawling in 4 legs)
Kalinga Krishna (Kalinga = a 5 headed snake slained by Lord Krishna)

Have a glipmse of all the Krishnas. :) Pictures worth enjoying.

Krishna killing Pootani

Baby Krishna with attacking evil Putana


Digging in with tiny fists for butter. Do you have the idea of how butter tastes!
 

Why Maaa? Why have you left me on stage here?


When will my turn come?
  

I am waiting for my number too.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Krishna digging hands into the butter pot 
What? Shall I eat? Is it sour? :P
 
I am definitely liking it. Yummmmmmmmmmmm :)
 
Mom gave me too. I am licking every bit of it. !!!!!!!!!
 

OOyee.... is that butter or ice cream???
 

Don't stare. No. I am not sharing anything with you.

Finally its my turn. And I prefer to churn rather than licking.
   

Kalinga Mardana - Krishna killing the 5 headed huge Kalinga Snake.


Oh. Something got stuck to my flute.
 

Ya. Eating butter with flute is a better idea. :P
 

I am so fair in skin color. But, Krishna was dark............ I think.


Kadagol Krishna - Baby Krishna with a small churner in hand

There is some more butter is the churner.. Let me finish it before the buzzle goes on
 

What should I do? Catch the pot? What is in it?

Mosaru/Curd Krishna. I dropped everything.

We are from the next category, Bala Krishna.
 



If this space has been making you Happy so far, please like Happiest Ladies on Face Book. Thanks for making me Happy. 


Happy Krishna Janma Ashtami - 2013
Edinburgh August Festival - 2013
Happy Friendship Day – 2013
Aati Hunnime, celebrated by Madhwa Brahmin ladies
TAPTA MUDRADHARANA: An holy ritual in Udupi Shri Krishna Temple
Puri Basundi; the taste of India 
Nilgiri's Flavored Yoghurt (Pineapple and Vanilla)
Rice-Milk Pie, to mark the beginning of Happiest Ladies


No comments

Privacy Policy. Powered by Blogger.