How to make Utthappa from Dosa Batter
It is habitual for me to make dosa batter in excess quantity; I mean that the batter would not get over in just one day. There is stock of batter for the next day too.
But, when people (read hubby :P) around me here get to know that it is dosa again for the second day, I receive scowling faces. To set right the scowling expression, I have tomatoes, onions, ginger and coriander leaves :).
Yes, that is how you alter the taste and shape of the dosa. This type of dosa is called as Utthappa.
- Dosa batter
- Chopped onion and tomato pieces
- Grated ginger
- Finely chopped coriander leaves.
How to make Utthappa from Dosa Batter:
- Add all the chopped items into the dosa batter and mix well.
- If you do not know how to make batter for a soft and spongy dosa, then read here.
- On a hot thick pan, apply some ghee/oil and spread it.
- Then pour the batter and spread slightly. You cannot make it thin like a dosa.
- Add 2 drops of ghee over it and cover with the pan lid. Lower the flame and allow for 3 minutes.
- Once baked, turn it upside down and allow for a couple of minutes over low flame.
Serve steaming hot Utthappa.
Till then stay happy!
If this space has been making you Happy so far, please like Happiest Ladies on Face Book. Thanks for making me Happy. :-)