Beans Palya/Stir Fry in Udupi Style
Read Previous Article: Lush Happy Hippy Shower Gel Review
Udupi has a very unique and different taste. Every item served for lunch has a unique taste.
Here we bring you one such unique taste. It is easy and very simple. The simple recipe for Udupi style Palya.
What is Palya?
Palya is basically stir fry of any vegetable. Chopped vegetable stir fried with seasonings in coconut oil, sweetened with a piece with jiggery and finally topped with grated coconut; all make playa
Have a look at a similar recipe of Beans Palya.
You will need:
- 2 bowl of chopped beans
- One lemon sized jaggery
- 2 table spoon coconut oil.
- 4 spoons of grated coconut
- One long red chilli or green chilli.
- Salt as per taste
- For seasoning: mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves, turmeric powder
Beans Palya Recipe:
- Chop beans into tiny pieces. In a pressure cooker add beans and water and boil.
- You can also cook beans in an open pan/vessel with water.
- Once beans is cooked well drain the extra water.
- Now, heat a thick bottomed pan and add coconut oil.
- To the hot oil, add mustard seeds, coriander leaves, urad dal and chilli.
- After the mustard seed splutter and dal changes in color, add the boiled beans.
- To this add turmeric powder and jaggery pieces.
- Wait until the jaggery dissolves and mix well.
- Add salt and top with grated coconut.
- Switch off the flame and mix well.
Serve with hot rice and also in combination with udupi stylesambar. All these will make one happy meal for the noon.
Do try this recipe and share how it turned out to be.
If this space has been making you Happy so far, please like Happiest Ladies on Face Book. Thanks for making me Happy.