Dates Pie - Easy Diwali Sweet Recipe
Read Previous Article: Bought My First Platinum Ring With Diamonds
Festivals always call for sweets and desserts. That too homemade recipes take the top most position.
Here is a simple recipe of a pie. The recipe involves pieces of dates which are very tasty on its own as well as very healthy.
- One bowl of plam-dates.
- One spoon poppy seeds,
- One spoon rice
- About 4-5 cashew pieces
- 3-4 almond pieces
- 4 spoon full of grated coconut
- Ghee for roasting.
- One lemon sized jaggery
- one cup of milk
Recipe of Dates Pie (Karjura Payasa)
- Take a pan and heat the rice. Once the rice begins to get some dry fried color, transfer it into the mixer jar.
- Dry fry poppy seeds too. They splutter when they are sufficiently hot. Add poppy seed to the mixed jar too.
- Fry cashew and almond pieces in little ghee. Transfer them into the mixer.
- And then add grated coconut to the pan too and heat for about 2 minutes.
- Now, grind all the fried ingredients in the mixer jar and make a very fine paste. Add milk or water accordingly.
- Keep this paste aside for now.
- Now chop the dates into small pieces.
- In a thick bottomed vessel, boil some water and add jaggery. When the jaggery dissolves, add chopped dates to the vessel and allow it to boil for few minutes.
- Now, bring in the mixer jar and add all the paste.
- Let it boil for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Now add one cup of milk and one spoon ghee. Mix well and turn off the flame.
Right before serving, top it with roasted pieced of cashew.
This is going to be a perfect recipe on the occasion of Deepawali. Give it a try and enjoy.
Happy Deepawali to you all.
If this space has been making you Happy so far, please like Happiest Ladies on Face Book. Thanks for making me Happy. :-)